Bicycling is a popular form of exercise and many people are turning to bicycles as methods of transportation. Albuquerque has beautiful trails and walkways that encourage cyclists to take to the road, but this also increases the chances of a bicycle accident. And if you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident, Hinkle Law Offices, P.C. can help you get the compensation you deserve.
If a Bicycle-Car Accident Occurs
When the unexpected happens, we’re rarely prepared for it. But if you or a loved one is involved in an accident while on a bicycle, the following steps will help you and your attorney to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
- Assess yourself for injury. If you feel any pain, request medical attention immediately. Even small injuries can turn into major issues if not treated.
- Call the police. You can request a copy of the police report and having law enforcement present will help keep any interactions between you and the driver from spiraling out of control.
- Gather witness information. Not only should you get the driver’s information, but passengers as well. If people saw what happened, get their contact information as well.
- Take pictures of the accident scene, your own injuries, your bicycle and the car involved in the accident.
- Contact an attorney. The medical expenses, cost of repairs to your bicycle, lost wages, loss of earning potential and pain and suffering are all costs you shouldn’t have to bear. A personal injury attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve.
There’s No Reason to Suffer
A moment of negligence on someone else’s part shouldn’t force you into debt. Medical expenses alone can be an incredible cost, and you can’t budget in advance for an accident. Hinkle Law Offices, P.C. can help you get compensation for what you’ve suffered. Get assistance immediately, including legal advice and representation. Contact us today and schedule your free initial consultation; we’ll answer your questions about your legal rights and help you get the compensation you deserve.