Walking isn’t inherently dangerous, but slipping and falling can be. Sprains, bruises and broken bones can result from a slip and fall, leading to expensive medical care and loss of wages. If you’ve been injured by a slip and fall caused by someone else’s careless property management, are you liable for your own expenses? Hinkle Law Offices, LLC., can help you determine that and bring the responsible party to justice!
What To Do After a Slip & Fall
You’ve slipped and fallen due to someone’s carelessness—a puddle on a store floor, a hose left carelessly over a sidewalk. What do you do now?
- Seek medical help. Your health is the top priority, and documentation of your injuries will be able to provide proof if you seek compensation for your medical bills.
- Report your fall. If you’ve fallen in a public building—a store, government building, apartment complex—make sure you report it to the manager or owner. Ask them to make a report of the accident and take a copy with you.
- Keep calm. Focus on what’s important—getting care for your injuries—and keeping documentation of what’s going on.
- Take photos of the location you fell. As soon as you’re able, take photos to document everything, including any condition that contributed to your fall. Also document the date and time of your accident.
- Get information from potential witnesses so your story can be verified.
- Keep your shoes and clothing from the day of the accident put away in a safe place. They may provide evidence later.
- Call an attorney. Slip and fall cases are difficult to prove and you’ll need the resources and expertise of a personal injury lawyer.
If It’s Not Your Fault, Don’t Pay the Costs
Someone else’s negligence causing your injuries from a slip and fall incident shouldn’t put a financial burden on you. You’re already dealing with the pain and suffering from the injuries and the medical care you have to receive, as well as lost wages and loss of earning potential. Why should you pay for someone else’s mistakes?
Hinkle Law Offices, LLC. is ready to help you get the compensation you deserve. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will consult with you and help you build the best possible case to get you everything that you deserve. Contact us today and schedule a free initial consultation to start!