Many semi-truck accidents are the result of negligent driving or other unlawful behaviors on the part of the truck driver. If you have suffered a truck accident, you should not have to pay. The experienced personal injury attorneys at Hinkle Law Offices, LLC.,. can help you fight for fair compensation.
When Truck Drivers are Liable
Truck drivers are trained commercial drivers who must abide by state and federal regulations. If truck drivers do not comply, they may be at fault. Examples of truck driver liability include:
- Misrepresenting driver qualifications, resulting in driving without the proper training and/or credentials
- Negligent driving (e.g., speeding, reckless lane changing)
- Distracted driving
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of other illicit drugs
When driving a vehicle that can easily become deadly, there is no excuse for negligent driving. Truck drivers who cause accidents should be held responsible.
When Truck Drivers Share Liability
A truck driver may share liability with the trucking company for a semi accident. Vicarious liability may apply if:
- The trucking company did not properly maintain the vehicle
- The trucking company knowingly hired a driver without the proper qualifications and did not provide training
- The trucking company did not investigate or address falsified driver logs that resulted on a truck driver being on the road longer than legally allowable
Proving shared liability requires expert accident investigation.
Your Fight for Justice after a Semi-truck Accident
No matter who is at fault for the semi accident, to get fair compensation for your injuries and losses, you need the help of an experienced lawyer. The The Hinkle Law Office attorneys can help. They have years of practice dedicated to personal injury cases. Hinkle Law Office attorneys will negotiate aggressively to get you the compensation you deserve.
Contact Hinkle Law Office to schedule a free initial consultation at our Albuquerque, NM office.